If you’re on the hunt for a job, you’re in luck.
Representatives from 21 Lubbock organizations will be on campus Wednesday, Sept. 6, to interview LCU students for part-time jobs. The job fair will be 10 a.m. to 12 noon in the Baker Conference Center.
During the event, students can browse among the booths and speak with the organizations that interest them. The fair is one of the events coordinated each year by LCU Career Services Director Ashton Darrow
Your first impression
Many students who plan to attend are thinking ahead on how to leave a positive impression with company representatives.
Shelby Latson, sophomore pre-nursing major from Tuscola, Tex., said appearance and preparation matter: “I plan on dressing professionally as Josh Stephens said in chapel. I’ll also have several copies of my resume printed and ready.”
Other students plan to make an impression with how they answer questions, as well as ask them. A quick internet search will generate a multitude of options for each:
What you may be asked
- What skills do you possess to benefit our company?
- What makes you feel like you are the better candidate for this position?
- How do you feel about working with a team? Or how do you feel about doing a task alone?
What you can ask to impress the interviewer
- What skills do you look for most in a candidate for your company?
- What kind of educational background would you be looking for?
- What is one of the biggest challenges of this job
For more information about this event and help with finding a job, visit the LCU Career Services website or contact Ashton Darrow at CareerServices@lcu.edu.